Friday, November 4, 2011

A New Start

I would like to thank Christoph and GE2216 again for giving me a chance to write a blog regularly. Writing a blog is a great experience indeed. It provides me with a platform for expression. As what I have written in my first entry entitled My Digital Life, starting blogs was not new to me but what is new to me is maintaining a blog. I wrote blogs because I wanted to practise my writing skills. I used to write an entry every day within 2 weeks but then I stopped doing so. Time is the biggest problem. I do not have so much time spending on proofreading, and no one corrected my grammatical mistakes. But after studying this course, I notice that writing a blog should not be regarded as a burden. When I read my previous entries, I chuckle at the memory. Oh! Why did I have such a view at that moment? Although this is the last entry of this course, I will continue to write a blog to record my memories.

After reading all my entries, I would choose Are Some People Too Worried About Using Online Language? as my sample post, because I think this post is the most related to my life. I have used netspeak before I took this course. But what surprised me was that I did not know the underlying reason of using netspeak, to signal the social identity. I saw my friends who studied overseas use netspeak then I imitate them and use it. And this eventually became my writing style on Facebook most of the time. I used to doubt this kind of style. But now, after having the lecture on online language and watching the videos of David Crystal, my doubts disappeared. Online language is the most impressive topic to me and this makes me want to know more about scholars' views on netspeak.

I have commented on Jill's posts such as Online writing is quite interesting !!, A test ... and her latest post. I have also commented on Wandy's posts, for example, Netspeak...Good or Bad?, Is the Internet negatively affecting our ability to think and concertrate? and Games & Me =]. By the way, reading their blogs could broaden my horizons because they wrote something from a perpective which I had never thought of. Keep it up and I hope my comment would be constructive to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment